View Single Post
      03-25-2018, 01:24 PM   #146
gazosnic
Major
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdul28 View Post
I’m excited to announce the first Throttle Actuator Rebuild service in North America. As we all know, throttle actuators on our cars are one of the few weak points. They are bound to fail! They have a major design flaw that BMW will never admit to. I’m sure I speak on behalf of majority of the M5 owners on this board when I say that the prices of new actuators are just outrageous.

After weeks of testing and research and successfully rebuilding more than 12 units for myself and my friends, I was convinced it was time to offer my services to my entire extended M family. I contacted many knowledgeable BMW master mechanics throughout my process. They were all crossing their fingers and were excited to see the results of my experiments.

Along this journey, I bumped into a great guy by the name of Jason from Rebuild UK. After many conversations, we came to a conclusion that I don’t have to reinvent the wheel. He is already providing this service for the last few years. But unfortunately, only 3-5 percent of his customers are from North America due to the ridiculous shipping costs that are associated with shipping to the UK from North America. According to him, it wasn't worth it for Americans or Canadians to send him faulty actuators to get refurbished due to the shipping costs, potential customs charges, and the intolerable wait period!

After many conversations, I have decided to launch M Power Motorsports as the North American Supplier for Rebuild UK. Same proven product minus the shipping costs, customs costs, and shipping time! Please take a look at my website and contact me through my website or this board. Thanks

Cost: $350.00 (Per Unit)
Shipping and Handling time:48-72 hours

Phone Number: 7347304411

Aren’t the VDO ones from FCP 499 new w lifetime warranty? If so the price detail of $150 less for repair option doesn’t seem too compelling. Maybe I’m missing something though. Also it seems there is still a mystery on repairs working 100%.
Appreciate 2
BOOF-M34451.50
DrFerry6731.50