04-04-2014, 01:04 AM   #62
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrakBch View Post
Here is the Diff whine noise from my car. These are Delrin Turner mounts.

First part of the video you hear is cruising 75-80 mph in 6th gear. Noise is faint since it has to compete with wind noise, road noise, and engine/exhaust. Car has a OEM mod (Perf Method) and Dinan Intake.

Second Part you hear is lifting, and decelerating in 6th gear, so the whine is only competing with wind noise and road noise.This is probably when the sound is at it's highest.

Last is rolling on the gas in 6th gear.

No NVH from the Solid Aluminum rear Subframe Bushings. All the noise is from the mounts. It's not bad, but it's definitely there. If you are truly sensitive to noises, or this car is your DD and you take non car people around you may want to really re consider.

My car is mostly track duty with once a week I drive it to work to keep the battery charged and to hook it up to the BMW charger in the service dept.

Iphone video. Sorry GF doesn't know the portrait rule on video. The sound is pointed right at the back of the car so observed noise from the front is slightly different since there is induction noise from the engine.

http://youtu.be/kyg31xy-JkE
Direct Link if the embed doesn't work.
Thanks for the vid. It's louder than I was expecting, but the tone is not bad. Would like to hear it first hand.
Appreciate 0