03-12-2014, 07:06 PM   #52
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
Hi,

Can anyone with the subframe and diff bushings please chip in and tell me whether you are also getting clunking noises? I don't mind them too much but I just want to know if this is to be expected or whether I need to get my installer to look at my car. Malek??

Jack
Jack,

I have a 6MT. I am hesitant to go into detail because I do not want to dissuade anyone from getting this modification because to me these extra noises are very minor.

I too get a little extra linkage noise with the diff mounts. Usually at slow speed. I have also noticed some extra clutch and diff gear lash when moving slow and when going slow over bumps. At speed I do not notice any extra noise. For me I believe the sounds are even more noticeable with my SSK which uses delrin bushings.

For example, when backing out of my garage I get a little extra noise when I release the clutch and noise again when I shift from reverse to 1st gear. Once moving at speed (say over 20mph) I don't hear these noises anymore. However, I have a relatively loud exhaust that is probably drowning them out or when load is on the drivetrain the noises no longer occur.

Jason