View Single Post
      06-04-2019, 09:45 AM   #215
lutfy
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, NASA ST5 86, Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3papa View Post
Well, here's my updated assessment from today's Indy SCCA region autocross. I was .35 off of class winner, and probably around 10th out of 120 on index. While the front Bilstein B6 EDC damptronic units are very good for the street, you really need to use them with lowering springs at least up front or the rake of the car is thrown off a bit causing the car to have more grip in the rear than front. if you are limited to OEM SCP springs which I am to be class legal, the car doesn't quite want to take a set at corner entry. For street or track purposes, I'd love them but my gig is SCCA National autocross competition where .3 to .5 can be make a huge difference. More importantly, I don't want to have lingering doubts that this may be the difference that makes the difference. So I am going to keep the rear B6 EDC units and match them with OE ZCP EDC struts. If anyone has any interest on the fronts, they have 400 miles and a few days of wear and would do a killer deal for anyone wanting to make or complete a set.
Your observation has been spot on. I had it matched with Eibach at first (was literally almost identical to a stock ZCP in stance) and then Swift R (way too rough) and then stock (front looked like a 4*4) and camber loss. There was also more dive under braking. Went back to Eibach and very happy.

The fronts do and will raise the car. Not sure if you know, Bilstein motorsport can revalve the front shocks for you and internally adjust it (shorten the shaft). But you will have to send it to CA (in order to run in F Stock, they will be revalved to spec too, they had suggested digressive valving). I didnt care and kept it stock.

I have it matched to ZCP EDC setting so the sport is not linear and love the suspension.

The OEM rear shocks were trash when I pulled it out around 60K miles (when compressed, wouldnt even pop up while in hand), way too underdamped and the car would dance at high speed sweepers (Summit Point). With the Bilsteins, its noticable (even on the streets). I do miss the light weight shocks (OEM) but apart from that, love the Bilsteins.

Lutfy
Appreciate 0