View Single Post
      03-24-2008, 12:33 AM   #464
LilRedGXP
Rep
Drives: 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP

New to the forum so I'm causing the whole site to lag but I'm adding to the record number of vistors.

Couple of points that stick out. 1) BMW NA and/or the parent have a vested interest in how this all plays out. The dealership is dragging their good name through the mud. Sure their hands are tied due to State franchise laws, etc but they can still hit the dealer where it counts... limit what products they get. No more M-cars unless there CSI meets minimum requirements; 2) we start an online petition to boycott all BMWs; 3) the online community creates a fund to help with any legal fees (and when the buyer wins back court costs and lawyers fees) all collected amounts go to charity.

An enmasse internet boycott of their products will surely catch someones attention. Trust me, I have been boycotting Sony crap for years and it's hasn't hurt me one bit because there are plenty of other OEMs that appreciate my hard earned money. So the question to the buyer... with all the crap that's going on, do you really want to support BMW and their laisse faire attitude to someone willing to drop in excess of $60K (taxes and fees)? Surely their must be other cars that you like for that kind of money? A Lotus Exiege, Audi TT, Lexus LRF (when it comes out), Porsche (your choice of model), Land Rover, Mercedes (your choice of model), etc.

Btw, when you get the car you will always have this nagging feeling that they did something to sabotage the car in some hidden way. My personal opinion is look to another manufacturer who truly values your business. My 2 cents.

LilRedGXP
Appreciate 0