View Single Post
      07-27-2018, 06:07 AM   #42
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Perhaps. He could've just had bad lawyers who didn't review the terms of the sale closely or didn't have experience with it. He's a racer & car guy, not a Wharton MBA. These deals are always about give-and-take, so maybe he did try to get some of those things. We only have one side of the story from one former employee.

Not sure why you're so quick to throw Will Turner under the bus when there is zero proof to support your theory of him being greedy and selfish in the sale.

For the record, I am not pro-ECS nor am I pro-Turner. I just don't like passing judgment on things without having the facts and hindsight is always 20/20.
I've been through multiple M&A.

I blame the seller, not the buyer. The buyer was whoever they were. It is up to the seller to decide if they want to continue their legacy and protect employees and customers.

In each of the M&A that form the basis of my comment, the owner and sometimes top management has received a wonderful golden parachute with terms like buying corporate jets for $1.
Meanwhile, the 'little people' (aka employees and customers) get screwed over and the best part of the whole thing are the employees, while getting screwed, all remember the original owner like a patron saint and continue to be loyal to the company.

Last edited by SYT_Shadow; 07-27-2018 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 0