United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Vert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by romemmy
Hi all,

I got the vacuum sensor fixed (P1209 code), and all seems good. Driving all day, no more codes..

However, now I'm getting a weird other issue. Sometimes (and only sometimes) I will have very little power until about 3Krpm, and then all the power comes (feels like a really laggy turbo!). The power loss feels like when traction control reduces power, but of course there is no traction control issue here. I could have my foot to the floor and the revs climb really slowly, until eventually all the power arrives.

There are no codes, my data logger says fuel pressure isn't abnormal (50-65psi), and no abnormal vibrations or noises. Cruising above 3Krpm, everything is as responsive as normal.

Typically the issue starts occurring after driving for at least several minutes. Initially there is no issue at all.

I see posts about VANOS possibly being an issue, but typically that's on much higher mileage cars (this one only has 44Kmiles). I guess fuel filter, injectors, MAF, etc, could be causing it, but I would have expected either the problem consistently or issues to be seen higher up the rev range.

As part of the vacuum pipe replacement I had to remove the brake master cylinder, but I don't see how that could be affecting power delivery..

On an unrelated note, my TPMS seems to have failed too. I reset it, then it tells me low pressure within minutes. All the pressures are fine and are not fluctuating. TPMS is not even telling me which tire is low - they all highlight yellow! Had tires replaced a few weeks ago, but this problem started about a week ago.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks!

S.
My car had similar lag issues. Turns out both my throttle actuators were going bad. Also one of the wires connecting the actuator was burnt off due to heat. After I changed them and replaced the wire, car felt great again.
Hey sorry for the late reply. I didn't get the codes but these were the malfunctions on my I drive. Common for a bad throttle valve. Hope this helps
Attached Images

Appreciate 0