View Single Post
      03-19-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
andret
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

Question Body Style

I appreciate everyone's responses on the issue of Manual or DCT ( see http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363092 )

Now I have another major decision and would appreciate some opinions on body type. Given the three options, these are my current thoughts...

Sedan - good for practicality, but perhaps too similar to my current E90. have a child on the wsy, so wife likes this option (but this is not for her)

Coupe - great for track, but being in Adelaide, this would rarely be appreciated. difficult access to rear seat, might as well have convertible.

Convertible - great to appreciate the sound of the engine whilst blasting through the winding roads in the adelaide hills. body not as solid as other options when roof down, but as i am not a mad track driver, this may not be an issue. could be considered a posers car, but i don't really care if others think this.

Clearly the convertible is my preferred choice as i think it will provide the most practical day to day enjoyment. but the sedan is sensible and may be handy with a little one on the way ( hang on, that's what the wifes X1 will be for). the coupe is more conventional for this type of performance vehicle but i may not benefit too much as i am not an extreme enthusaist.

i would like to know what others opinions are on this issue. this will be a hard decision to make.

thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0