02-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #10
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniczoom View Post
wheels locks are pointless.......trust me.....the guys who steal wheels know how to get around them
agree on that, but it prevents thefts of opportunity.

Most petty thieves or unsophisticated thieves will just give up when they see locks. My old Evo at my old apartment had locks, I came out one morning and saw that petty thieves literally unbolted the 4 standard bolts on one wheel, but then stopped when they realized they needed a key on the 5th. They just left the bolts on the ground and didn't touch anything else.

OP, you should get locks. If your car is not parked in a secured garage or location 100% of the time (and most cars are not, think work or dinner, or the "covered" parking lot), then you should get locks, it's mostly to deter the lazy unsophisticated theives.

TBH, if thieves wanted your car, they dont' give a shit whether you have an alarm, GPS, immobilizer, any organized criminal activity can flatbed your car and strip it apart before you wake up the next morning and realize your car is gone.

I live in an urban area where ppl get towed all the time. I always see tow trucks with cars on them with their alarm going off while in tow. Seriously, no one is calling the cops for you...lol. Granted, I'm sure 99.9999% of those are legitimately getting towed for illegal or private lot parking issues.

Last edited by mdosu; 02-04-2013 at 04:08 PM..
Appreciate 0