View Single Post
      09-03-2018, 08:23 PM   #32
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Still, a year later, I search for the perfect car. I keep finding the wrong ones. Over the past 6 months every car that meets my requirements on options and color shows up with a hideous two tone interior. Or the options are perfect, wonderful interior, and the car will have a sunroof.

The worst part is that three months ago I found three cars that met my requirements, and by then I had committed to a business deal that required my outstanding cash. I found a 2011 ZCP with a 6 speed and 19,166 miles at Dallas Lease returns for $35,800. Then I caught a 2011 Comp DCT with 20,916 miles for $36,995 at Land Rover of Denver. Finally, Hiley Acura of Fort Worth came up with a 2011 Comp DCT at 31,325 miles for $32,896.

For a month I was watching those three, hoping that things would break for me and I could go snap one of them up. They all went. I figured "where there's three there'll be more".

I actually found a car that was among the rarest of the rare - the Ruby Black I mentioned in my first post here. I put it on hold because of something else that I saw...

What really hit me was the 2012 ZCP/DCT that showed up in my state in July. One of the big BMW dealers caught a trade off a very naive customer that gave them a very low mile - think 14K - car, complete with Active Autowerke Level 3 SC, full Stoptech big brake kit, and KW v3 coilovers. The car checked every box, and they only wanted $39.9k for it. It had $26,000 in mods before the labor, and they only wanted $39,9k.

I had talked with the sales girl and tried to work out a deal. We spoke on a Friday, she told me they couldn't sell the vehicle due to the airbag recall, and we were supposed to talk when she got back in the office on Monday. I figured, damn the deal, I need to close on this car!

I didn't hear from her, and when I called on Tuesday she said one of the people at the dealership snapped up the car.

I've been running BOOF into the weeds helping me shop for cars. I'm about numb to all of it now, and its very hard for me to get interested in anything after that SC car.

Just venting, guys. I'm pretty sure this stuff will eventually work out and I'll be in an E92 ZCP. Damn, its frustrating.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50