03-27-2007, 12:42 PM   #40
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ToolFiend View Post
Man, low 50's would be ideal. My guess is high 50's, low 60's. We all may have been fucked over royally by Audi. The RS4 MSRP is $66,000, and in the industry, it's all about competitive pricing. BMW doesn't want their price to be too much lower than this, people tend to get the wrong impression. But then again, Mercs and Audi's tend to be more expensive than BMW's generally.

So what the hell am I saying. I'm saying I think the price will be (base MSRP) between $57-59,000. This keeps it under 60, so it doesn't look bad. The M3 is definetly moving up in the market, and starting to compete w/ heavy hitters like Porsches, Corvettes, previous generation Ferrari's, and the such and my guess is the 1 series will eventually take its place in the market bracket. I mean M3's in the future sure as hell aren't going to get cheaper.

A 10 grand difference between generations is on the steep side, I'd say 5-6 grand is acceptable, and 3-4 grand is ideal. We'll see. God damn Carbon fiber roof,...that's where all the money's going...haha.
Yes, but you must acknowledge that the RS4 has ONE OPTION, literally. I think metallic paint may run like $475, but other than that you get the premium package which is $4,100, so pretty much every RS4 comes in at $71K.

This is both good and bad.

Good, since there is only ONE option, most of the features that BMW may have as options, you can figure that Audi made “standard” equipment and already figured it into the $66K MSRP.

Bad, since Audi basically packaged a bunch of options together to get the car up to $71K, it might be safe to assume that a fully loaded M3 will be pushing $70K, likely in the high $60K range.

Something else that NOBODY here acknowledges is that the RS4 is a very very limited produced car. Yes the M3 will not be as mass produced as the 335i or 328i, but I think Audi made something like 1000 RS4’s available to the US in the first year. I actually remember reading on Audiworld.com before the RS4 came out was that the US might only get around 750 in year one. I think that number may be a little on the lower side, but seeing is how the RS4 is a more limitedly produced car, one can certainly assume that that will effect the price on it.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0