View Single Post
      08-22-2014, 09:47 AM   #264
m3dragon
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL M3

This is kind of a sad but also exhilarating post at the same time. The last of the MAJOR work on my CSL project is now down. All the is left is some little odds and ends that I will do myself in the next week or two. It took 12 years to get to this point and I never imaged when I started this journey that I would have the car where it is today.

Ok enough of the sentimental BS, show us the dam images right =P

For those looking for a shop, obviously I highly recommend them as well as use them for all my BMW’s. Remember the quality of the work is what matters not just the cost. The fact they happen to be on the reasonable side is a plus. If you need any CSL or standard work done, there is no better place to go. Thanks to the gang there for finishing the CSL car.

Performance Motor Works
Address: 2240 Sierra Meadows Dr, Rocklin, CA 95677
Phone: 916-624-9656
Dave – Owner
Phil – Tech
Remus - Tech /Fabricator

---------------------------------

The car was dropped off to my old show to finish all the head and selected items. Below is what was to be completed this time around:
  • Remove head to be sent to machine shop / reinstall head upon return
  • Head word done by Lang Racing
  • Install CSL Valves
  • Supertech Valve Spring Kit
  • Supertech Stainless Steel Intake and Exhaust Valves
  • Complete Disassembly & Cleaning
  • Comprehensive Leak, Crack & Pressure Test
  • Inspect All Components For Irregular Wear
  • Our High performance Five Angle Valve Job
  • New Valve Seals
  • Trueness Checked & Resurfaced Mating Surface
  • Unshrouding of Valves
  • Blend the throttle body ports to the intake valves and smooth out the CNC cuts on the intake side of the cylinder head.
  • Install new front spindles (CSL King PinS)
  • Note: The CSL king pins have the same part numbers as standard accept the middle three numbers are different. When these were installed we thought we had been lied to all these years they were different. Once installed you can see the difference as well.
  • Beisan Vanos install – (I did the Vanos work , they just reinstalled the Vanos into the car once the head came back)
  • CSL Cabin Air Filter assembly
  • SMG sensor replacement
  • Change over to OE BMW brake fluid for ATB Blue
  • Differential fluid change

Head tear down and removal

NorCal drive organizer guy
NorCal CSL build thread - US to CSL Conversion
Appreciate 0