View Single Post
      07-07-2020, 06:17 AM   #935
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermack View Post
I believe my TA went bad, but the cheap code scanner I was using didn't show me any codes. I got the engine malfunction, reduced power, DBC and yadayada inactivated, limp mode. Do you guys replace both TA's at once and where do you order them from? Prefer something with upgraded internals and lifetime warranty, so far I've found this... https://www.mpowermotorsports.org/ . TIA!
I'm a firm believer of replacing one at a time. When I wrote this DIY years ago, my car was on original TAs. First one failed at maybe 61k miles, second one didn't fail until 82k miles or something like that. At the amount of miles I drive, that was a good 3 years afterwards too. Some people have made it over 100k miles on original TA's. It's not that difficult to replace them, so I don't see the point on dropping that much money on something that's not broken yet.

First time around, I bought the TA from dealership. Second time I got it from FCP and will just replace them as needed with their warranty. Not too familiar with these upgraded parts if I'm completely honest.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
tigermack474.50