RedScytheM3
Science stuff and stuff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Background:

Feedback on how I did with this DIY is welcomed. This is my first write-up and first time I've done a job with essentially no guide to follow. If you see anything that could be done better, let me know.

Good luck!
Thank you for this write up! It will definitely come in handy when I replace these things.

Today I got the P1628 code after I parked my car and accidentally hit the start button again. The car went into acc mode and I got tons of lights and limp mode. I turned the car all the way on and it was in limp mode while idling. I let the car sit for a few hours then checked the codes again and cleared the sole P1628 code. I cleared that code like 5 times in total then noticed redline was at 7k, no limp mode. I took the car for a spin and stopped at gas station to pick up a quart of oil to clear the low engine oil warning I got earlier today. Started the car back up and waited for the oil level to read then drove back home. I drove normally through the neighborhood, nothing crazy. Is this common? Is this a warning that I should just replace TBA1 since the car already went into limp mode? Finally, where is everyone getting their TBAs from these days? I see bimmerworld has them for $542, have the prices come down from the $800 days?

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0