View Single Post
      05-05-2010, 01:04 AM   #6
sehrgut
Major
Rep
Drives: emthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprane View Post
There's a lot of good shampoos out there. You don't have to get too expensive. I still use Megs Gold Class (got from Walmart). I also like Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss, Plain Citrus Wash. If you have a CarQuest in town, Duragloss 901 is great:
check out this thread:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...-shampoos.html
Thanks. I'm gonna try out the Megs Gold Class, heard good things about that before but havn't tried it yet. I read thru that thread, duragloss 901 seems pretty legit, might check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious Eric View Post
presoak with ONR at QD strength. rinse it off
come back with a bucket with dawn and degreaser and a mitt (washing in the shade, and rinsing after every panel, dont let the soap mix dry)
wash again with dawn and you should be good to go!

You might even be able to get away with a normal wash, and just polish it anyway! chances are you are going to have to clay it to remove the embedded debris, and after claying, polishing is a must IMO. seal it up and it will be as it was before you left it alone!
Sry I'm not to of an expert at this but you might tell me what ''ONR at QD strength'' is?

Yes I was thinking giving it;

- A good wash with a pressure washer using some foam. (maybe let it soak for a short time)
- Soap/water, mit
- Clay
- Wax/polish.

Hope that should do ET!!!! THANKS guys!!!!
Appreciate 0