Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 & M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppmax View Post
Thanks for asking.

So far everything has been great...except my experience at the DMV trying to get it registered, lol. I got one of those folks that wants to correct all the world's problems...so the title is back at the dealer right now to fill in an odometer reading and correct a misspelled last name.

Mechanically the car has been great; I've been driving it as if it was new and needed to be broken in...and just last week brought it up to about 7,500RPM. Compared to that 2010 M3 I upgraded from (which didn't have the competition package), this one feels more poised around turns and going over bumps.

I've spent the past few weekends detailing the car inside and out after driving it to work during a couple snow storms we've had (beware the hordes of yahoos on the road who apparently believe their AWD SUV's and F150's have enough stopping power on ice covered roads!) I've learned that this black car shows way more dirt vs. the previous metallic gray...so I've been out there with power washer and foam cannon in 33 degree weather making it shine like it should!

I may have mentioned previously there were some scuffs in the paint and a deep scratch below the handle on the driver's side door. I've always wanted to try my hand at paint restoration (using an orbital polisher)...so I picked up a Porter Cable at the local Home Depot and all the lotions and pads you need...but I totally chickened out right before starting last weekend and ended up taking it to a local detailer for a restoration and Ceramic Pro coating. Holy cow they did a great job and the black paint looks like...molten tar. They couldn't completely address the deep scratch (without a paint job) but they touched it up with a BMW paint stick and polished it up so it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it.

Since this is my daily driver and it sits outside in direct sun part of the day...do most folks use window sunshades to protect the interior?

Here's a couple pics:

Trying hard to not get seduced by an aftermarket exhaust just to liven it up a bit!

PP
Beautiful car, congrats! If your going the exhaust route I'd recommend an MPE. Adds a nice layer of aggression that compliments the induction noise and a hollow metallic howl that sounds properly special.
Appreciate 2
UPSROD941.00
ItsGary1456.50