11-07-2012, 12:55 AM   #17
Xtopherus
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by belyzel4 View Post
Driving the 335is has really been a great experience. Having so much power down low is definitely different from the Boxster S and I believe similar to what you're talking about with the 1M vs. M3. I'm going to have to think long and hard about how I am going to do this. Right now the options are:

Sell my 335is and jump into any E92 M3 w/ ZCP I find
Enjoy my 335is until the M4 comes out

I don't exactly know how soon until we'll decide to start a big family, but I know once that happens the M3 goes out the door and in comes the M5.
So getting an E92 now would give me more time with my mechanical baby
This is an interesting statement. The M4 comes out in what, about two years from now? That's a long time to wait. I just got my M3 but I wondered the same thing: what if the M4 is better? It probably will be in many respects, but that's a long time to wait to find out. Plus it sounds like you'll be looking at an M5 by that time anyway.

If you really want an M3, you should probably look at getting top dollar for your 335is right now. It's a fairly rare and desirable car, consider listing it privately for a good price and sell it if you can find a buyer. It's only going to lose value over time as you increase the mileage or possibly pick up some dings. If it sells (and you have another vehicle for a few months), place an order for your M3 and feel good about getting what you really want without having to take a terrible loss on the 335is.
Appreciate 0