View Single Post
      12-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #190
ZeroG
Private
Rep
Drives: '04 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
If I remember correctly, the difference in price between an E46 Coupe and a Convertible was around $7000 the last model year, 2006. That was more or less the average difference between an E46 Coupe and its Convertible version thru the entire model run.

Now the difference between an E92 Coupe and a Convertible is around $8,000 (and in the 335i the leather is standard, so the difference is actually around $6500) and that is with a folding hard top, which used to be a $2000 option. Even in the 6 Series the difference is around $7000.

So I don't see from where you are coming with "Verts have always been $10K more", much less that the E9x M3 will be close to $70K base...
I am also

I just check BMWUSA and the 335 coupe is $40K and the Vert in $50K.

As for the E46 Vert and coupe it has always been around $10K difference. The folding hardtop was never an option on the E46. You could a regular hard top, but it was never folding. They were only offered with folding soft tops.

This kind of a stupid thing to be arguing about, and is kind of off base to the original topic.... I guess we'll all see when prices are published.

In my opinion if you think that the E92 M3 is going to be in the $50K range you're diluted, and have one hell of a shock coming...
Appreciate 0