07-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #41
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbar View Post
Mike just flashed the DCT on my car this afternoon. I've only had about an hour driving the car, on a variety of roads, but I can tell you that the OP's review is *spot on*.

I typically drive in S4 most of the time, even around the city, and before the tune I had all sorts of issues with lurching gear changes, especially 1st and 2nd gear downshifts and pulling away from a standstill.

With Mike's tune it's almost like the car is psychic. The amount it blips the throttle seems to vary perfectly according to current RPM, throttle input, whether you're braking into a corner. (The OEM software just seemed to blip harder according to what shift mode you were in.)

The net result it that if you're driving fairly sedately you get silky smooth downshifts, when you downshift under hard braking you get a faster rev match with no jerkiness, and when you stand on the throttle you get seriously punchy upshifts.

I'm really looking forward to putting some more miles in on this on some of my favorite local roads over the next week or two!

...and by the way, Mike's "Swervotronic" update is equally awesome. Sport mode rolls off the servo assist pretty rapidly as the speed gets above about 15pmh. You can easily maneuver at low speed, but as soon as you 're moving you feel much more connected to the road. Almost reminds me of karting (but not *quite* so heavy! ;-)
Same here...100 % agreed,and perfect description
Appreciate 0