View Single Post
      06-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #88
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattedtwice View Post
The rs5 needs to go back for a ground-up redesign; its an overpriced posuer that is not only ugly but more a cruiser than sports coupe.
This seems pretty harsh, and perhaps ignorant as well. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I haven't seen an RS5 in person yet, but if it hasn't lost anything, stylewise, to the S5, then it's pretty damned handsome.

As to performance, perhaps you haven't seen the videos presented in this very forum showing the M3 struggling a bit against the RS5 in the twisties. In both videos, the RS5 was just slightly quicker than the M3, although closer together than half past six.

Quote:
The c63, like all other chrysler-lookalikes from m-b, does nothing for me; ugly inside and out, unexciting, flatulent exhaust is laughable, and the whole swollen engine in a small car thing is so very american. If I wanted a swollen v8, Id take a mustang gt or camaro ss over this c63 thing.
Again, a bit harsh, and perhaps ignorant. The C63 is an adept overall performer. Quicker than the M3 in a straight line, and slower in the twisties. Around town in everyday driving, it's flat better, with torque everywhere, steering that is more meaty, and an exhaust note that, for most, is to die for.

Quote:
Theyre doing their best to catchup to the M3 but its still my favorite; a joy to drive and feels like a REAL sports car, rather than an overengineered sedan with two doors trying to play sports car like the other two.
It's fine with me that it's your favorite (and frankly, it deserves high praise), but back off on the "REAL sports car" nonsense. It feels vey good in the twisties, but it's WAY too big and fat to be a real sports car.

Based on current results (and more to come as soon as the RS5 gets to the States), the RS5 rules the twisties by a narrow margin, the C63 owns the straights, and the M3 is the best all-arounder.

Fair?

Or maybe it's the CTS-V that's the best all-arounder.

Whatever. From my perspective, there's not a loser in the bunch. They're ALL terrific. Just in slightly differing ways.

You don't need to diss the other guys to prove that your car is a good one.
Appreciate 0