footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
The time I took the M3 to the drag strip I got the best time in A5, not S6. Another Footie theory up in smoke. The three runs I made varied by only 0.1s (s6,s6,a5)

Now at the track A5 cannot pick the shift points as well as a human so its not a good option. But in a straight line its ability to upshift at the perfect rpm ever time makes it a very good option.

SMG also has accelerometers for detecting when the car is turning. Under those conditions it adjusts the way it shifts.

You accuse us of bashing a system we are not familiar with, perhaps you should look in the mirror?
Thanks for sharing those points about SMG, especially the fact that it adjusts shift pattern during cornering, that is something I didn't know. My comments were not referring to the automatic part of the transmission but the manual section (S1 ~6). Maybe I should have made myself more clear for you rednecks, sorry that assumption was uncalled for but then so is the way your talk to people or should I say talk down to people.

I was lead to believe that S6 offered the quickest acceleration followed by S5 and so on and so on. If this is wrong then I stand corrected but if I am correct then I again say that only offering the jerkiest of shift patterns as the one to win races against it's rivals is a badly executed design.
Appreciate 0