United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
I can validate the OP's point. I am ordering through MSP but I talked to the dealer where I will take courtesy delivery. My salesman who delivered my last one told me pure and simple, no wait list, 5K over MSRP, first come first served and buyers are lining up. He already knows I am just taking delivery at his dealership, not purchasing there, so he really has no motivation to BS me and I've known him a couple years now for what it's worth.
I concur...I too have ordered thru military sales and no mark up infact if it holds true cost should be 10% lower than MSRP. 05 e46 M3 MSRP thru mil sales was $50k and mil sales MSRP was $44k. So my signed e92 M3 PO is for $49500 as of Sep 08 with a 30 May delivery. Hope that holds date wise but if it slips a few weeks that's okay.

I think the point is geographics...if you go to your local dealer (like I 1st did) and you're in a hot geographic area...expect to pay +MSRP as far as cost and to be further down the wait list for your order and to get your car. Two dealerships in my area were talking #6 and #15 respectively before I did my mil sales order which would have placed me somewhere around late summer 2008 to early/spring 2009 for delivery from the dealers mouths. But I also reiterate that if you have a good relationship with your dealer and have purchased before then you should be able to work out favorable terms in your favor. But otherwise its supply and demand....it seems.
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0