Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
Don't get me wrong I love the high revving engine we have and I laught at anything that doesn't go as high...yes even my own daily. However i sometimes just sit there and am like wow it just keeps going so I never understood why people like raising the limit even more especially for a lousy 200rpm
Because it holds power or makes more power there. Which means you're making more HP when the other car has to shift, and then you're already higher up in the band because you shifted at a higher point to begin with.

Not going to make a big difference in 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd really.. but 4th - 6th gears you could have a noticeable difference during a race just from that advantage alone. The more time you spend in that particular area due to gearing the more you're going to realize the advantage it affords you.

Another advantage is on the track when you're full throttle and need that extra couple hundred RPM. Happens to me sometimes when an up-shift isn't really feasible and you don't want to sit at the limiter when you could have a little more room there without shifting.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0