View Single Post
      04-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #30
REALESTBM
Never Riding Dirty
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3CP/ESS SC

I like both ESS VT2-650 and the G-POWER SK II CS "Sporty Drive"
But there are a few things that have me leaning towards ESS.

1. The DCT software deletes the shift down function of the transmission

G-POWER DCT Drive logic:

"After the installation of the G-POWER supercharger system the altered torque curve requires a custom-made G-POWER software for the BMW double clutch gearbox (DCG). In the course of this modification the kick-down option of the accelerator is terminated.”

Ref: http://www.g-power.de/934.html?L=1&c...#Produkt_Start

2. I am more comfortable with the liquid intercooler on the ESS system

3. ESS has support both in Europe and the USA.

4. G-POWER seems to be a bit more controlling over because of TUV. For example you have to have a specific rated tire before they will allow the max speed limit.

“(BMW OBD stays completely untouched), enabling an unlimited top speed of max. 320 km/h (max. 330 km/h with DCG), according to the capacity of the tires.”

Ref: http://www.g-power.de/934.html?L=1&c...#Produkt_Start

I understand this fully but it reminds me of how BMW handles us after we buy their product.

5. With ESS you can get a software package that you can use to save you stock tune as well as other tunes in case you remove your SC. I think this software program will allow diagnose/code read also. Basically I like the control and backup function with ESS.

6. One point for G-POWER, here in Germany they install themselves or a specific shop they use, in that case I feel more comfortable with the installation than to choose a shop myself and hope for the best.

So guys I am know expert, I have been researching for about 18 months. I am a minute from pulling the trigger...and above are my deciding facts. Hopefully the

The short answer is, if prices were the same I would buy the ESS VT-2 650.

BTW, this is just my opinion and based on what I feel comfortable with, and if I planned to stay in Germany for a long time with my car, I would be a bite more open to choosing the G-POWER.

Note: 320 KPH= 198.84 330 KPH=205.05
Appreciate 0