Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkey_domm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
I went through insurance for my "sandblast" issue... I also couldn't see well when the sun hit it in the morning. I used Safelite and they upgraded me to the Climate control windshield (purple hue), which is phenomenal so far. Even though they were only supposed to replace if the windshield was cracked significantly, Safelite doesn't seem to care and filed it all and I paid nothing...
Okay, have you run the car again and been "sandblasted" and the windshield looks fine? I'm pretty OCD and its driving me crazy. You had insurance cover it or you just paid out of pocket for the windshield, how much did that run? I'm tempted to just replace the entire thing and the weather liner above it because mines shot.

I saw on Facebook there was a cheap like $30 weather liner that will replace my old and dried weather liner.
my insurance covered 100% of it, I just called Safelite, told them I had micro scratches making it hard to see, they handled everything with insurance... they also replaced all of the strips around the window, so that was included. The micro sand blast stuff was miserable to see out of, so worth replacing the entire thing. if you do, make sure to get the blue hue climate windshield. much better look and good for sun
Just went through safelite yesterday and got the climate control windshield upgrade at for free, it's badass
Appreciate 1
wfdeacon881105.00