05-29-2015, 11:49 AM   #51
bravm3pwr
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
Just had a Charger as a rental car. Interior was very nice. I had the V-6 model, and it was adequate on acceleration. Suspension was really under damped. Needed good set of coil overs on it.

Here's the deal, it was good enough that I actually went online to investigate getting a manual transmission Challenger. I may even test drive an R/T w/Scat pack or a 392 for kicks. I anticipate it will underwhelm in suspension dynamics, but the low end grunt will be spectacular.

If I'd have been blindfolded before setting foot in the rental car, I'd have guessed it was a European sports car interior (size notwithstanding). This isn't the American crap car we've become accustomed to!

I wonder how the rod bearings are on the 392? Too soon?
I have to disagree with you. I travel lots and have rented everything from Mustangs, Challengers, and all sorts of imports. Since I'm in the Hertz President Circle BS, I always get new cars (< 4k on ODO). In no realm of possibility that the interior of the Challenger is mistaken for a European car like BMW or even a Honda. It doesn't even compare to the Ford Mustang. Of all the cars I have rented, I would rate the Dodge interior the lowest followed by KIA. .02
Appreciate 0