View Single Post
      01-02-2019, 09:28 PM   #34
eatsleepboost
Captain
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrubenstein View Post
My AC hydraulics jack has around a 10” height advantage, although my Esco jack stands only have a few inches.

I’m still trying to understand how it takes less time to pull these things out, hook them up and raise the car than it does to hit two jack points and toss in the jack stands? The DK13HLQ will hit both the front and rear center jack points.

It’s not a cost question. I’m just trying to figure out how putting the frames in, hooking the lines up, powering the pump, and then unhooking all the lines and stowing the pump to clear the work space is more convenient?
Just looked up the jack you mentioned and that certainly is a high end jack that fits for the low clearance and also raises alot higher than my standard floor jack. I understand with a 500$ jack and another say 300$ in stands that you have is a sufficient setup and not worth the upgrade to the quickjack. You are into that setup list price for more than half what quickjack costs and are satisfied with it for good reason so there is no reason to change.

If the quickjack is left under the car pushed to the center to where you park and the pump is in a place where it doesn't have to move it's as simple as pulling the jack outwards, hooking up 2 hoses and hitting up. Doesn't take more than 2 mins to be fully up and locked.

It's certainly not necessary so there is no way to completely justify it considing an AutoZone jack, stands, and some wood can complete the same task for a few hundred bucks. It just takes longer. I could turn around and say the jack and stands you have are not necessary too as there are cheaper, smaller, simpler alternatives. I am a mechanic who works with lifts so I prefer to have a lift at home.
Appreciate 0