View Single Post
      09-16-2019, 08:52 PM   #10314
gmx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Never used Cobalt. What do they have with more moderate torque? Looking at their reference table, it seems to indicate that the XR2 is similar in performance to the DTC-60 so I guess I'd want the XR3? Those are like $525 for the front axle, ouch.

So far have gotten two different answers from my "brake guys":

KNS told me to try the ST43 because it's a little bit lower friction but still gives good life. They have used it on cars with street tires and didn't experience ABS intervention. I asked about the DS2500 and he said no, that's a street pad (I disagree, it's a hybrid). Kinda pricey at $400 for the front axle though.

Zeckhausen suggested going back to a hybrid pad like the DS2500, and that I should just monitor consumption. I had actually used them after I got the car and found them to be decent -- no fade and consumption on par with the Hawks. Ended up dumping them because the Hawks were cheaper. The Ferodos are about $300 for the front axle and have come down a bit in price it seems.
I agree with the brake guy. DS2500 is a street pad. Hybrid is a fallacy. Doesn't exist. Only people that say that are vendors/salespeople and inexperienced forum people repeating the same thing like a parrot.

I will not be using PFC buit have the same calipers as you. IIRC 4362.08.19.44 fits? FWIW, GTR IS the thicker pad. All the rest while the same shape... are thinner.
Appreciate 0