View Single Post
      01-29-2007, 11:30 PM   #44
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
At this moment we are currently in the photography and film shoot for the M3 Concept where we have been to Iceland and then currently in Dubai. the car is finished in Alpine White. The Dubai shoot involves the car undertaking possibly one of the worlds best roads and showcasing it's potential on the track. Whilst iceland is for scenery (cool-blue glaciers) and ambience.

The schedule goes like this : The production car will begin it's official photography and film shoot in April in the mountain regions of Spain and another location, where it will be a busy month as the next MINI variant undergoes photography in Tokyo. Prior to official release in July where it will appear amongst some other headliners at the BMW pavillion at the Frankfurt IAA in September , prior to European sales beginning before the close of of 2007 unless something happens.

As what I have been told the US release is in 2008 , It does not matter if you reckon the car is ready to launch as of now the early phases of marketing work commences as does the beginning of early production phases so that quality and error is retained and evaluated thoroughly. As I said work commences on the final areas of development and then work continues for adapting to other markets prior to the European market especially strict US legislation.

BMW are simply following the same idea as they had with the M5. Showcase ait as a Concept car build the anticipation levels watch the hysteria from afar and then introduce the production car.
The E60 M5 in europe had an intoduction a year later from the end of production of the E39 in July 2003.
Everything is on schedule.
Want to be a mench and share some pictures with all of us enthusiasts of the M3 Concept?
Appreciate 0