View Single Post
      10-26-2007, 09:50 PM   #72
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
the balance sheets i learned last year in college on quickbooks (much better then doing it by pen paper).
As other have pointed out this answer shows how much you do not know, you asked about investors, and the balance sheet an investor wants to see is part of an overall business plan that shows multi-year cash flow, it you estimates on how much up front money you need and all your costs yr to yr and estimates on income and when you see braking even. I can tell you quickbooks can not provide this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
target client wise don't you think is not just in your neighborhood but all around the states. that is what the shipping companies are for. my main idols are d/a, aa, and cec. i don't see much in wcc or unique but all the tuner shops don't just get business from their area its clientele and reputation that give you customers around the states.
This is different then what you said before, you say you were going to tune and customize high net worth people's cars, so these people will be local to you, you not going to have people shipping there cars from all over the states to you that is for sure, it not like you Fosse Designs who have world wide name recognition. So are you selling parts or modding people cars.

Like i said my friend does this, but people do not ship him cars, he has a network of places around the country that he uses to get work done. He does sell some parts but the majority of his business is car restoration.

my suggestion is take that 100K you have and put it to work for you, start small and build from there. I can tell you this much, people will lean you money if they see you putting your own money at risk. I can also tell you banks usually do not loan money unless you have collateral and they do not see cash as collateral, they rather you put up a home or property, people tend to not to want to loose their home. But again if you can show a bank a number of years of positive cash flow they will give you money.
Appreciate 0