01-26-2021, 08:55 AM   #741
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10CPROG View Post
Something to consider... With Rolex being arguably the most "Faked" watch. When i am out and about with a group of friends if we see someone wearing a Rolex we almost automatically presume its a fake.
Also a friend of mine has a real and a fake 2010 Black Submariner, they are almost identical. He will wear the fake on a night out when maybe getting drunk or going to less salubrious parts of town, but day to day at work etc he wears the real one.
I think there is a place for fakes.
The only reason I can see that he wears the fake Rolex out instead of a reasonably priced other brand is to impress people? When people ask if it is real does he tell them it is fake but he has a real one at home? I would love to be part of this conversation.

I go to Thailand a lot and there are grades of fakes and tons of places selling them so there is absolutely a market, definitely not for me. Only reason I see to buy a fake is you want people to think you have a real one but don't want to spend the money. Like any other fake item I am fine with people doing it and hope it accomplishes their goal. I have seen some Fiero's that people tried to make look like Ferrari's, good for them, same with the vinyl Gucci bags sold all over Thailand.