Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Man View Post
Software not need for the changing the air filter, the ecu is more than capable of dealing with more air. If you are removing the front cats, then to make the most of the decrease in back pressure, the engine will benefit from a remap.

I'm amazed you can feel a torque difference as that must be a good increase to be noticeable. What MPH do you feel the improvment at these low RPMs?

We're changing the filter, and the intake boot going to the manifold- which is considerably larger than the stock one.

It's not absolutely necessary, but that doesn't mean that more power can not be had with some fine tweaking (especially in conjunction with HFC's, which my car currently has).

I just notice a general improvement in pickup, particularly between 2 and 3k RPM. But it hasn't been dyno tested yet, so my opinion is at best, speculative.

Like I said above, we wont know for sure until the car is on the dyno. I'm planning on taking off my Fabspeed cats and x-pipe, and putting the Akrapovic full system on. Then I will dyno the car without making any changes to anything. Then I will remove the AFE intake and put the stock setup back on with the MS filter I had in before. If the dyno shows a loss of power or torque after that, it will be clearly attributed to the intake.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----

Last edited by BPMSport; 12-07-2010 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 0