View Single Post
      11-13-2009, 02:21 AM   #146
Gooey
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
Amen. Then you must feel the same way as I do about Jon's link to that IQ-degrading ESS thread. That tread and quoting from should be a case study in the lack of critical thinking.

Instead, I'll make you the same offer I've given dozens of other people. Please quote my posts to demonstrate how I've lacked objectivity or critical thinking with respect to stroker vs. SC kit (or even RD vs. Dinan). Don't come back empty handed like so many before you.

I am very interested in coming, and in fact will even be in SoCal next weekend. But I'll be at a family function in Simi Valley. Otherwise I would have loved to come.

Just curious, why nobody has mentioned what happened the last time Jon started this SC vs. stroker crap. I offered to come down that weekend and run, but it was the SoCal end that failed to come through. Then Jon starts this crap about RD Sport telling people not to run, and you don't say one word of BS against that. Funny how you seem to have a selective memory -- especially from a guy who registers a few hours ago, but claims to have been reading for quite a long time. I guess we know where your intellectual honesty lies.

Where do you get this stuff? Go ahead and quote from past threads where stroker guys have made any claims whatsoever about performance. I only see the loud mouth SC guys making any claims here. I know I've never been nearly as foolish to make any such claims. Hilarious that you should even bring this up.

No dude, you've been called out. Quote from it, or go play in a different sand box.

You're the guy being called out and hiding behind a new screen name. Why don't you tell everybody your other screen name?

I notice you didn't provide any examples to back that up either.

Agreed...very thick.

LOL. You don't care about dyno's but you're obsessed with misquoting them. Hilarious (and pathetic at the same time).

I guess you don't remember that thread very well. Go look it up next time before misquoting it.

You know I'll never disclose whose giving you the commission deal on the G-Power kit -- so you know you're safe challenging me on it. But everybody here should beware that you do have such a deal (or did) and aren't disclosing it.
Be careful, you don't want to bite off more than you can chew. Luckily, you can always ban, edit, and hide, I don't have the same luxury.

Lacked objectivity? Frequently, and you are hardly a good example of keeping your emotions in check or lacking bias. Well, I'm not really in the mood to do homework, but here we are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek
but I'm really curous how the extra weight of the SC cars will handle the road and slalom courses.
You never continue to remind us all of the "added weight" of the supercharger. Forget the fact that the weight added is ~40 pounds, as in, empty your windshield washer reservoir and you will not be able to tell the damn difference.

What you should be doing is telling everyone that tire compound, spring rates, dampening, and overall suspension geometry are far more important than an extra few pounds on the nose. So, a properly set up SC will flat out destroy you around a road course.

Quote:
]Yet you'd prefer the bolt-on supercharger placed on a motor that wasn't ever designed for it, with a compression ratio that's not made for forced induction, and producing torque that exceeds the specifications of the drive train. How ironic that -- in the name of reliability -- you would chose a performance adder that includes so many more points of failure than the method you oppose. Sorry, but that really does make me laugh.
Speaking of laughter, this post generates it in ample amounts. What is a compression ratio designed for forced induction? It isn't the compression ratio, it is the tuning. Did you neglect to mention that a high compression forced induction motor still has the excellent off boost characteristics? So, essentially, you get the best of both worlds? How about the fact you make more HP per psi of boost? Whoops, just slipped your mind. Or how about that that E46 M3's have already provided us with YEARS of examples of properly tuned forced induction with high compression?

Quote:
IMO, FI isn't exclusive, isn't unique, and doesn't tickle me the way a 115hp/L NA motor will.
Uh, PG, I'm not a super cool engineer and all but I do know how to use a calculator. According to your dyno and a 15% drivetrain loss, you are making 103.5 hp per liter. Where is your objectivity there? You are making, drum roll please, the exact same hp per liter as the motor stock. So, in actuality, the bolt on guys are making MORE hp per liter than you,

Quote:
I really don't have any ego that gets crushed when somebody has a faster car...my satisfaction comes from knowing I have the better car...more exclusive and unique.
Hmm, seems like you can't help taking shots at FI. If you are not interested in speed, what was the point of the whole thing? That F430 story was for what, you concerning your exclusivity? Because the F430 mops the floor with you in that regard. Yet you happened to say:
Quote:
I'll bet the Ferrari owner was wondering what had just happened
really? But he has all that exclusivity and his ride certainly is more unique. I think you pick and choose to apply these ideals when they suit you best.

Quote:
couldn't imagine adding another 150hp on top of that...and having something that will still be fun to drive.
Another subtle jab of objectivity Funny, I went for a ride in an SC M3 today. Very manageable, and how about things like R compounds? They do exist, and at freeway speeds and rolling starts, not even an issue. Maybe you should stop imagining what an SC is like and experience it? Then again, the experience might sour the stroker. I can understand your apprehension.

You question my intellectual honesty because I am a long time reader yet new poster? What is wrong with that exactly? Is there some natural tie to post count and honesty that I am missing?

I've been called out? I am straight up telling you, bring your car to the strip and line up next to me. You won't do it, you will never do it, because you don't have a snowballs chance in hell. This has nothing to do with loudmouth SC guys talking to the loudmouth stroker guy. What I want is for everyone to see just how big the performance gap is between the two. Once people see what the rest of us know, you will not be able to talk up your stroker.

Essentially, once you man up and actually face me, you will no longer have your stroker pride because I will take it from you. You are not willing to part with it as you have essentially tied your existence here to it and parting with it is an impossibility for you.

I will make it even easier on you. You name the time, the track, the place, whatever, and I will meet you there. We can use Vbox's, a stopwatch, or even a sun dial if you want. It won't matter, you don't have a chance.
Appreciate 0