View Single Post
      12-25-2018, 10:38 PM   #12
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochoa21 View Post
I have a few friends that will be there that have a lot of experience so will have them with me to get all figured out on the track.
That’s a HUGE mistake.

If I’m paying to do a private event, and I have to babysit some noob friend? All you’re going to get is “stay track left, let people pass on straights and you’re good to go.”

Because *I* would want to maximize my track time.

IF it’s a close friend, and require adult supervision for the whole day? That would piss me off to no end, because every lap I have to sit with you is 2 laps I won’t get to drive on track. No offense.

Lastly, if you’ve never driven on a track before? It’s a recipe for disaster, especially Thunderhill. It’s a technical track with numerous high speed blind corners and lots of elevation changes, and you’re at a private event where most of the attendees probably have significantly more track time then you. You will be overwhelmed. This is not an easy sport and it is very easy to get sensory overload and when you f**k up, and believe you me, you WILL, the results are typically not very pretty.

Worst of all, now you’re forcing a bunch of experienced drivers to dodge a rolling obstacle course every few laps.

Stay home. Sign up for an instructed event for newbies. BMW CCA. Audi club. NASA. Speed Ventures. HOD. There are numbers of organizations out there that will give you the proper foundation to learn this sport before you have to ask what size rim you should buy, IMO.
Appreciate 5
kyippee1073.00
Chris_PDX337.00
4M141.50
Azeka1285.50
tsk941522.00