View Single Post
      05-15-2011, 01:42 AM   #39
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Not to say you are wrong, but I have had people of all size, race and color do everything from pulling me aside to comment on the car to nodding at me with a sense of approval while next to me at a light, and I have had the car less than a week. Why? Because our cars and along with their engines ARE SPECIAL. Its not about the numbers.....its so much more. The ///M5 & ///M3 has always been about more than the numbers.....its not just about achieving the performance but how you achieve it.

At the end of the day, the S65 & S85 ARE super car engines, and will maintain this cars as legendary decades from now when the cars are putting down more power and twice the mpg.

Not taking anything away from the 1M, its a sick car, and opens ///M to a whole new audience. But a 911 is a 911, and an //M3 is an ///M3.

Just my .02.

Cheers,
e46e92
Im sure people in 1Ms will have the same experience with the nods, thumbs ups, and compliments. The general public doesnt know anything about cars anyways, I have had people ask me how I like my M3 when I get out of the 135 (on more than one occasion). Ive been asked if my Viper is Italian, and been asked who makes it, all the while there are letters across my bumper that say DODGE.

Youre putting M3 in the same sentence as a 911? Its a nice car, ya, but its nowhere near a 911. Lets not get carried away, the M3 is no super car (Ive seen that word tossed around twice in this thread already), nice yes, sporty yes, but nowhere near supercar status (I wouldnt even classify a 911 as supercar). Im not hating on the car, I like it, although I would never buy one. M3 owners come off as delusional.
Appreciate 0