02-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
Azurite90M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 S54. E90 S65 sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast535 View Post
If you are looking for a high quality exhaust/automotive fabrication shop this is the one! I looked around for a great shop to handle my ride with care and after weeks of I research I decided to go with Benchmade Proper. I spoke with Brian and he set me up with an appointment for a week later. Brian & Joe specialize in custom stainless exhaust systems, but since I already have the Dinan Rear Mufflers on my E90 I wanted a little more sound & power. I looked at more expensive Challenge & Fabspeed X-Pipes with the secondary cat delete but decided to just remove the secondary cats on the factory mid section.

If you are looking for a Midas/low budget muffler shop then this is not the one. Brian & Joe take their work seriously. They take their time to analyze the project and come up with the best solution for the cleanest results. Brian & Joe removed the factory mid section and removed the secondary cats and replaced them with 3.5’’ TIG welded stainless pipe. The total job took 3 ½ hours including modifying my Dinan mufflers for better alignment & fit. When they lowered my car & started it up I had a huge grin on my face. It’s amazing how such a small mod makes a huge difference in sound & power.

Sure the primary cat delete makes more power but the secondary is still restrictive. Once I drove the car I immediately noticed the car pulls harder, shits seem crisper (6 MT) and the damn thing just screams above 3K rpm’s. Still no drone with the Dinan rear section but the car is noticeably louder then before under acceleration.

Here are a few pics & video from the install. Do yourself a favor and check out Joe & Brian!

www.benchmadeproper.com

I like the new look and sounds great! I agree they do some of the best work. Joe and Brian will be installing my x-pipe next week.