04-18-2019, 10:07 PM   #18
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Jumping in with a Royal steering refinish. I sent a standard leather M wheel to be converted to a flat bottom, black alcantara, with a red center stripe. The results look great! I have the standard blue stripe alcantara M wheel on the car now but figured I'd have this as backup when that needs to be replaced.

My primary requirement was to remove the existing leather and wrap around the foam vs on top of the leather as to maintain the same thickness. I had explored Coby given he a wonderful job on both my shifter and ebrake alcantara boots. However, he was not willing to first strip and then rewrap.

My only cause for concern, is I am not convinced this is the wheel I sent in. I wrote my name on the wheel I sent in and it's not on this wheel. Granted it could've been wiped off but I'm not 100% convinced. I sent a note to Jack to check. Would make sense as I'm not sure how they're able to do a conversion from round to flat. Regardless, wheel looks excellent. Much softer than my blue stripe. Maybe I should switch them now?
Attached Images