02-19-2018, 11:27 PM   #16
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
Don't get me wrong, I adore my 92M but I wonder how much of these comments are cos we are an E9x M3 forum.

I mean, I wonder of there's anyone in the M2 forum saying "I drove an E9x M3 and regret buying my M2."

Lol
i'm able to separate my bias well. at least i like to think so... i'm definitely not loyal to the bmw brand like i used to be, and i think that makes my perceptions of bmw's cars even more fair.
here is another thing i figured out about myself. it is ok to acknowledge a fast car, but not like the way it looks or drives.
i had driven the f8x non-m cars when i went to the dealer for loaners. this was before i had driven an f8x M car. something very distinct changed about the cars changed... they simply don't have the bmw feel i fell in love with driving an e46 325ci, and now my e92. the attitude of the brand has changed.
the performance is there, no doubt about that, but i'm not "wowed" by it. after driving the new M cars on track at a performance day, i was a little underwhelmed. i liked it ok, but i wasn't in love.

now, if i could afford to have a loaded m5 for a daily driver, i'd be in love. my love for a great car, and my love for how a car makes me feel, is very different though.