Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
makes sense.
i'd love to get a second e90 m3 for mrs. beef, but we won't. her 335d has been a great car. i guess i'm sort of wanting an OEMish m3 around so i won't feel so bad when i start taking interior out of the e92. the e92 is my attainable dream car. i feel guilty taking the comfortable stuff out of it. i just know once i get coilovers i'm going to get stupid with the interior and that will be that.
an e90 m3 for everyday stuff and an e92 for the track seems like a great way to have your cake and eat it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
I have to say that I have not had any regrets pulling 'comfort stuff' out of my e92. However I have managed to keep things looking clean and civilized inside at relatively large time and expense. I think I would be annoyed by some of the track builds that I see with wires hanging everywhere. That being said with every pound lost, enjoyment is gained. I love how this car feels at 3270. My girlfriend's opinion differs significantly but oh well.
hehe---for now the E92's interior stays. The purpose of this car is to be a fun street car that sees occasional truck duty. I don't really care what my ultimate time at High Plains Raceway is in the E92. (To be clear, I will push the car in it's current state as fast as I can.) At some point, I will bring the E90 out to CO for a few months and I'll attack the tracks out here. When that happens, I WILL care what my times are, and I'll destroy anything I did with the E92.

I just don't want to drive around town in the E92 with a torn up interior----and I don't feel like spending a ton of $$$ making a torn out interior look passable. The leather still looks beautiful. I have the E90 for a nasty interior with wires and crap hanging everywhere.
Appreciate 1
roastbeef11591.50