Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
asides from taking a class, i've pretty much been solo on this endeavor. need to figure out a different venue to taste wines after that class ends. i should make more an effort to know my local wine shops. anyways, yes i've passed level 1; it's actually pretty easy if you've taken a intro wine class. i'll need to brush up on service for level 2 soon. i hear they cover some cigars and spirits in level 2 too.

sounds like you're planning to take the ms?
Yea, I would definitely suggest finding a good wine shop. Especially one that does regular wine tastings. My neighbor does 3 tastings a week, tue-wed-fri(wed and fri are repeat days of the same). I typically work his store and help out nearly every friday.

I do want to take the test, at least to level 2. I'm confidant I could pass level 1 with little studying and no classes. The thing I don't look forward to is the cigar portions. At least the spirits and beer part I enjoy but I could care less about cigars. Service is no big deal, I worked several years in fine dining during college and my Mom was a professional server. Also the tests are just no where near me. Closest place is this fall in Indianapolis.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0