Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post

it's just a hobby but my interest in wine has really picked up lately. i'm taking an advance wine class to prep for master sommelier level 2 test. while i don't plan on spending big bucks on wine in the immediate future, i do want the capability to age some wines for several years. like a couple days ago i bought 4 bottles of a cotes du rhone villages and would like to open 1 bottle every year to compare. i'm still very inexperienced so i don't want to buy equipment out of my scope, but at the same time don't want to buy an inferior product that won't meet my demands.
then you've passed the level 1 test? level 2 really isnt much about wine. it more goes into wine service/restaurant service aspect and pairings and such. level 3 goes into liquors/cigars that pair well with wine. level 4 is the highest and is a Master Sommelier. you can only be invited by another level 4 master sommelier to become a level 4. no other level gets the master designation.

this is a pretty big hobby of mine as well. considering my neighbor owns a store and I taste a crazy amount of wine.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0