View Single Post
      05-07-2011, 01:06 PM   #1052
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWinNorthdakota View Post
Try a Hamilton.. I have one, great watch (Wear it when I'am not wearing my Tag). Dont be fooled by the "American made" the movements are swiss. Very nice watch for the price.
I second that. Hammies are somewhat 'starter' watches/timepieces and, as noted, are no longer an American company. They're owned by Swatch...who also happens to make the same ETA movements used in a number of other, finer (i.e. bigger name) timepieces. For the price, Hamilton is usually a pretty good value (swiss movement, sapphire crystal, solid build, etc...) and come in a variety of case sizes (38-46mm). I say usually because a few of their watches (e.g. Railroad auto-chrono or BelowZero auto-chrono) are at a price point where you could get something w/ more 'street cred,' if that's your thing, like a Tag. There's also a 'niceness,' IMHO, to having something not as common (which is just one reason I love my Lum-Tec Combat B8).

Note, too, that you could also get a watch and pick up a separate steel band that you could swap out. You can pick up a springbar tool (if you want) to help remove the pins to get the watch strap off for pretty cheap.

Last edited by bosstones; 05-07-2011 at 01:11 PM..
Appreciate 0