View Single Post
      07-15-2018, 02:39 PM   #62
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRed128i View Post
I agree, and that was not my intent at all with starting this post. Was just curious the kind of experiences other members have had.

The fees groups charge makes sense in my uneducated opinion. Makes sure the people who sign up actually want to be there and are invested.
My comment about rushing to judgement wasn't directed at you as I can tell you were asking an honest question. One may think on the surface Meetup is just a singles site or a place for the socially awkward. But it's definitely more.

It's also more than just hobbies. There's a cybersecurity meetup I'm a member of. I haven't been able to attend any meetups lately, but the last one was definitely legit. The people in attendance were a smattering of commercial, government, and vendor/manufacturers. I was there sort of representing the company I was employed with at the time and ended up running into someone who works for F5 and we've partnered up with. So there's definitely career oriented opportunities there not just to enhance skills sets but also to network among your industry peers.
Appreciate 1