View Single Post
      04-18-2017, 09:42 PM   #11
hpapad01
BMW CCA member and you should be too!
Rep
Drives: DYII E93 M3,540 M-Sport,911C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
I looked on the quick jack page but didn't see it quickly (see what I did there?): What is the overall length and width of the 5000 model?

Since I'm losing my twin post lift when I sell the vegas house (someone buy the lift, it comes with an attached house!). I might need to buy one of these for the new, 1/2 the size town house garage. just need to see the space requirements. I would need to drive over it, not have it stored someplace and then have to position it after the car is parked.
Here is a link below with the dimensions for you. The measurement you need to watch for is the LIFTING POINT SPREAD - MAX. It will give you the max distance for your car's jacking points. The MAX for the 5000SLX and the 7000 is 60". It is plenty for my M3 and 911, however, it falls a little short for my E39 540. I've improvised by putting a wooden block that reaches the rear jacking points of the 540 and it works very well.

The unit is rock solid and you've got to go way out of your way to barely shake it.

https://www.quickjack.com/quickjack-...ing-guide.html