View Single Post
      03-27-2020, 08:19 PM   #27
neilum
Captain
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
Lack of torque talk comes from 6mt drivers, you have to thrash the car through 1st/2nd gear on a 6mt to go anywhere. Half throttle shifting at 5500rpm you can't keep up with traffic off the light. When you shift to third that's when the car comes to life! I've never driven a DCT M3 but can imagine it's better around town.
I get the hyperbole but sorry but that's what I am talking about. I think it's just perception.

IF you want to get really technical and scientific the reality is the S65 driven in this manner would easily be faster than most normal or average acceleration cars driven in this manner. Most cars do not have 295 ft lbs @ 3900 RPM, that only weigh 3600 lbs, not accounting for very aggressive gearing that multiplies tq at the wheels.

The torque at the wheels, average HP for the cars weight and forward G forces in this car would be higher/faster than most ICE cars on road below 5500 RPM let alone what happens after that.

It's just a deceptive power delivery.

I'm not trying to argue but the truth and people's comments don't align very well when it comes to this topic.
Appreciate 1
M2 GT67.00