01-21-2020, 04:24 PM   #56
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
Have you considered the KW Sleeves?
Not really. I'm not that set on doing anything, and quite like the current setup for my use/roads. At times something like the Bilstein B16 Damptronics or Ohlins DFV R&T coilovers are tempting, but I think I should wear out these ZCP struts first. End of the day, they feel great and I actually like the clearance/drivability of the height even if it doesn't look super sexy at the C&Cs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvevo View Post
How do you like the Xpel compared to the other tints for keeping heat out? Seems like you are one of the few people to have tried most of the good tints for heat rejection.
To be honest, they are about where I would have guessed and quite similar on the ends of the color spectrum. The XPEL 70 is slightly better than the Llumar 80, and the Huper Optik stuff was a bit better than the XPEL 70. Basically, once you're in the tier of top shelf tint offerings, the specs are all comparable and the darker the tint, the higher the TSER (heat).

At some angles the XPEL 70 looks clear, but at other times it does look a little tinted. At an angle, there is glare/reflection which I'm sure is part of the TSER/IRR properties. The slicktop and black leather do not help (dark interior already). The Llumar 80 looks truly like a fishbowl, the XPEL 70 looks like a very light tint. Overall I'm satisfied with it.

Met members Derbo and Johal over the long weekend, played some musical chairs and traded keys.
Derbo (white) has MCS coilovers, felt lovely.
Johal (red) has the Dinan midpipe, torque and sound (and smell, lol) were incredible.
Both were 6MTs so it was fun to drive them back to back.

Comparing the differences in our trunk liners, '08 was smooth while the '11s have a cutout for the safety triangle. TIL. #nerds
At the same time, Derek performed some wizardry: coded Adaptive Headlights II, and set the DRL/angel eyes to 13.6v. I like the idea of adding beam patterns 2 & 4 to the standard 1 below.

1. Basic: Normal parallel conditions that the US gets.
2. Low speed/City: Driver light aims to the left and both lights slightly lower for better visibility for potholes without blinding folks in the city.
3. Guiding fog light: M3 doesn't have fogs so this doesn't pertain to E9xM.
4. Highway speeds: Headlights stay parallel but aim a little higher for further distance.
5. Adaptive headlights: Headlights following steering wheel input. This is the default for US.
6. Corner lights: This is already enabled for our inner headlight light when we have our turn signals/steering wheel turned at low speeds.

Last edited by wyatth; 03-04-2020 at 01:30 AM..
Appreciate 4