View Single Post
      07-12-2018, 10:05 AM   #42
SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carenthuziast View Post
I've read plenty here that the DCT is awesome, and it's not a fair comparison, but I had a rental car this week...a Camry with paddle shifters. I'm not trying ot compare an M car with a Camry, but just the mode of driving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330indy View Post
"...I would just drive it like an automatic that it is."

Oooooh boy...... here we go !!
I thought a similar thing once - flappy paddles are just a gimmick. I've never not owned a 6MT until now. I'd driven many paddle shifters or tiptronics and they were certainly all crap. I didn't even really like the SMG that much to be honest.

But have you driven the DCT? I agree, I was resistant at first, but after driving a few Ms with DCT, I found myself thinking more and more about it afterwards. Like a really interesting movie that you're contemplating the next day. It's a difficult thing to describe really, but somehow, someway, the DCT is just better than you. No matter what you do, you cannot shift as well as it does. It's something you just have to experience yourself.

Again, I'd like to think of myself as a purist deep down. Save the manuals. I'm 100% I'll buy a 6MT again - probably in my next car even. But give the DCT a try.
Appreciate 2
PACarGuy683.50
tooloud10766.50