Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
So I replaced my battery myself and registered it myself with my KD-can cable. I did not lose any coding. I have custom coding in FRM, CIC, COMBOX, ABG, CAS AND KOMBI. My only thought for your experience is too much time passed between battery removal and new battery hookup. I do not believe the ECU's in the car have NVRAM. So if power is gone too long the 1's and 0's become decayed, undefinable and ultimately corrupt. Hence default based off VO afterwords.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, see, EAS is a tuner shop and I am not. It's not what I do on the daily. They would be fully aware of any fact/event that would cause my coding to be lost. So it is one of two possibilities:

1. They were not aware of the facts/events that would cause coding to be lost in battery replacement, or,

2. They knew about this and tried to make an extra $100 on the "backend" because they think you have no choice.

Both of which would indicate an incompetent shop or an unscrupulous/shady one. I'm inclined to say it is option #2.

Let me say though, my comments are strictly limited to their sales and management/ownership staff because their mechanics who are doing the actual hands-on do good and clean work from my past experiences with them. My issues are not from any actual work done on the car, but their poor business practices.

Thumbs down to EAS sales and ownership.
Kevin was my sales liaison as well when I had them do my rod bearings and KW suspension. The suspension creeks pretty loud when pulling in inclined driveways post installation. This did not occur before the installation when everything was stock. I took it back to them to over look and they agreed there was a noise. Nothing was ever done to rectify it. Not even put up on a lift to check. That was the last time I used their services. In today's world folks in business do not care about morals, ethics or honor. The only thing respected is a lawsuit by these types. Bimmerretrofit is even worse and they are on my shit list as well. The only positive from being fucked over by shops like these is the fact I just learned to code myself, so I wouldn't have to depend on shitters anymore. I am also halfway saved up for my garage lift.