View Single Post
      04-21-2015, 10:56 AM   #245
thasuperdude
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Ok. I've revisited as much info as I could. I still have some questions
I'm trying to decide/justify going with an 18" wheel/tire set-up over the 19" OEMs I have on the car. Is there a big performance improvement going down to an 18" wheel over the 19s? I know the gearing is a little smaller, but I can only run a 8.5/9.5 wide wheel not being a ZPC car. Has anyone experimented with this? Is the advantage totally worth cost of a second set of wheels?

My wife and her friend entered FS in our SouthEast Divisionals and are in love with the car. They "have" to finish the other 2 events to trophy, so they totally sandbagged me on "borrowing" the car for an event. It was only a matter of time. So, the car needs tires, the DWs are fine, but they're not the ZII's we're use to running in STX. And as time passes, I'll be running the car more as well. Might loss my E30/36 SM ride sooner then I'd like. For me, Nationals is a fun time to smoke everyone a pig and play 4-Square at the ATL tent. All while there's the world's largest motorsport's competition going on around me.

Last edited by thasuperdude; 04-21-2015 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: type-os
Appreciate 0