View Single Post
      07-14-2018, 01:30 PM   #27
4everkidd
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 AY M3

From Portland to Lincoln City; this is where the trip got interesting. Immediately upon turning off onto the Oregon Coast Trail the roads were almost engulfed by trees. What a stunning drive.
Ticket number two, the first in Oregon, was the byproduct of a pass gone wrong. I had just finished the pass when the trooper rounded the corner with Ka blaring; no time to brake. Too little too late.
Grumpily I set course for The Valley of the Giants however google led us to a 16mi gravel logging road. Cancel that destination.
I had a backup, Drift Creek Falls Trail. Upon hitting the trail entrance I almost turned around when we were welcomed by another gravel road. This gravel road however was only about 200 meters long before it turned into quite possible the most beautiful 9mi stretch of winding single track I have ever driven. At the end of the 9 mile stretch we parked and took the dogs for a gorgeous hike across a suspension bridge to a waterfall. Absolutely stunning, without a doubt the highlight of the trip so far.
Once in Lincoln city we took the dogs to the beach for the first time where my "special" bully decided to chase a seagull into the ocean at high tide. Lesson learnt as the little sausage got tossed and rolled in the waves and I had to recover her fully dressed from dinner.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0